Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2009 03-22 New comp, same area!

Eikaiwa class with Elder Toomey at top right
Training for new ZLs at Mission Home
Elder Ryler's former companion, Elder Heywood was there!
(right next to Elder Ryler)


Elder Ry in front of the Fukuoka Temple


Elder Ry's new companion Elder Bonham!


( We're not sure who is pictured here with Elder Ry but we'll ask & maybe find out next week!)
Elder Ry with Mission President Iwaasa and his wife

Beautiful cherry blossoms (either on Oki or Sasebo??)



Excerpts from this week's letter...
"OK transfers! I am now in charge of the Okinawa area only! I was called to be a trainer and am now companions with Elder Bonham strait from the MTC!!!! I LOVE IT, he is so nice and willing and helpful, and happy, and humble and a great Elder! Also I was called to be a Zone leader! WOW That is a lot of responsibility. I'll do my best. Elder Toomey in now in charge of Kadena with his new companion Elder Smith who transferred down from Sasebo! We are all living in the Sisters' old apt for now and it is WAY crowded!

Elder Smith actually has full military access so we will probably be shopping at the Commissary more. I still eat lots of rice, yummy!

Well this week has been way stressful but way fun too!! Monday we had Preparation day, the whole zone went over to the park near our apartment and played a little baseball. Then we ate at Big Noodle.

On Wednesday morning we got the call and found out everything! Then we spent the day trying to get the apartment ready to hold 4 elders. It still isn't. Then for Eikaiwa we showed everyone how to make those pizzas from the Tomoris! It was fun.

Thursday we kept getting ready then my new amazing companion came around 4!! It was awesome. Then we went to go try and get him his gaijin card and on the way Bro. Johnson stopped us and gave us a ride. That was cool but it was closed so he took us on base and we went down to the flight line and saw these five F-22s taxiing!!! WOWOW it was sweet! Then we did some finding etc..

Friday we started our planning meeting then went and got some real Japanese ramen for Elder Bonham! Then guess what..... guess.... I hopped on a plane to Fukuoka for an overnighter in the honbu for Zone leader training!!! It was so fun to fly and travel and everything!!!! I love airports and I got to see the TEMPLE!!!!!! I didn't get to go in but we got trained underneath the temple and slept under it! [that's where the Mission Home is located - directly beneath the Temple!] It was so fun to discuss the mission and goals and my responsibilities as a Zone leader. It was humbling but really exciting! I can't wait to see so many miracles this transfer! I think that as I rely on the Lord that it will be awesome. Also 100% obedience is very important! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL.

On Saturday I woke up after having slept so well in the honbu beds and Sister Iwaasa made a delicious breakfast! Then we got trained all day. Then we flew back to Okinawa! It was beautiful! I loved it!

Sunday was great too! We went to Church in Okinawa and stayed the whole time!! Then we got a ride to the Awase building to see Tina but she wasn't able to come this week but we were able to see the Leifsons! Brother Leifson gave a great talk about when he decided to stop with the grey area stuff and get both feet on the Lord's side!! Then we had a lesson with Rieko and a really fun Ward meal for dinner! Then we did some housing and found a great Eikaiwa person!

It has been a great week!
D&C 42:6!

LOVE ELDER NIELSEN"

Vocabulary:
Gaijin = foreigner
Honbu = Mission Home

No comments:

Post a Comment