Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 12, 2009

(L-R) Elders Smith, Toomey, Bonham and Nielsen
Toguchi beach (aka Baptism Beach)




"I’m so thankful for this life and what the Lord has allowed me to do now! I love sharing the Gospel and will work my hardest until the very end! Keep praying for me.

I can’t believe I’m 21 now. Weird. It seem like I was just 14 and moving to Okinawa. Can you believe that I haven’t spent a Christmas in America for 7 years now!!

My birthday has been good so far. Only Elder Toomey remembered and said Happy Birthday to me! : ) It’s all good. I called and asked Bro. Chinen for a ride out to Zanpa today so we’re really looking forward to that! The weather isn’t the best but the wind is pretty strong so I hope that well get to see some cool waves! I LOVE OKINAWA!

Thanks for those great words about work! I love work. It really makes one feel better spiritually and mentally! I still need to do better of course but I would love to use some of those quotes in training too! (quotes that I sent him from John Bytheway’s “What I Wish I Knew before My Mission”)

Yeah the four man is interesting and a good learning opportunity for me. I know that the Lord will help me as I put my trust in Him and do my best.

This week was good! We were able to do quite a bit of teaching! Tina’s baptismal date was moved to the 2nd because her dad is going on TDY and we would like him to be at the Baptism too! The only problem is that is next transfer and I might be moving!!?? Everything will work out though. We had the lesson at the Slys and they were so nice. They are moving to Virginia soon so keep in touch with them ne!

Also we had General Conference this week! It was awesome! All the talks were so good! I especially tried to see what President Monson would have us do and among other things he said to Fear not and be of good cheer!!! YEAH let’s rejoice! Also Elder Perry’s talk about the members’ responsibility to find and the missionaries to teach was great! Elder Holland’s was great too! I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! Thanks for raising me so that I would.

One new investigator we found was out by where the Super Yakiniku place was (its gone) and he can’t talk so he writes everything! Yesterday we went back and he introduced us to his 7th Adventist wife and we sat outside near this pretty jungle and star filled night talking about Joseph Smith and the restoration! It was great! They were really nice and we’re excited to work with them.

I’m also working on recognizing the Spirit more. I sometime think that perfectionism is getting in the way like I’ll want to get something all the way done before moving on to the next activity etc... If you have any advice on that that would be cool.

We’re all very excited for Elder Bednar to come next week!

Other than that it’s all good! Thank you so much for all that you do for me! Especially the love and prayers! I need it always! I like the packages too. lol!

Well have a wonderful Spirit filled, fun, super fantabulistic week! I’m so thankful for the last 21 years of awesomeness!

Love Elder Ryler (who is now 21 hee hee)"

No comments:

Post a Comment