Monday, April 27, 2009

Mar 29, 2009

(I know it's been over a month since I've updated this blog!! There's been so much going on as we prepared for Elder Parker's mission departure and he is now in the MTC! Check out his blog too after you get caught up here on Elder Ryler (see link at top of sidebar)






"Next transfer is on April 29th… we’re still crammed in the small apt until President decides if we can use the other one or not.

(
some definitions/missionary terms)
Trainer is dad in the mission, starting a mission is being born and ending is dying. lol

Our zone covers from Cape Hedo to a little ways past Camp Kinser! (it includes) The Nago, Ishikawa, Futenma, Urasoe, Kadena, and Okinawa elders and the Andersen couple. I went with Elder Hodgson to Fukuoka. It was awesome! He is in Futenma.

This week was awesome and way fast! Monday we got food etc and we had dinner at the Dadivas' after a great lesson with Tina! She is so good and humble and nice! I learned how to eat Filipino style with my hands! It was great!

We had district meeting Tuesday morning, and it was a beautiful ride out to Futenma. Elder Ure did a great job training as a new district leader; we learned about lesson one. Then we had taco rice at King Taco's. We went to Tina's parents' house out near Toguchi beach. They were very nice, and they gave us permission to teach and baptize her. The beach was beautiful afterwards.

Wednesday, we had Tonton house eikaiwa then eikaiwa that night, it was nice. We had three new students.

Thursday, we had a great planning meeting in the park, then we headed out to Oblees for lunch, it was deeeelicious! Then we had housing that night. Elder Bonham is really fun to house with, we always talk about really interesting things and we are laughing all the time.

On Friday the Leifons took us to Macaroni grill in honor of Parker getting called to Italy!! It was so delicious. After I got my lasagna I realized that that was the same thing I had there the last time we went! (as a family in 2006) Also I could see the room we stayed in at the West pac and saw that TV lol! It was a fun day!
On Saturday we had Oyako eikaiwa, no one came and it was raining!

Sunday was great too! Tina came to Church and a new family showed up and his wife is willing to hear the lessons! WOO HOO! That was cool! Also we had a great lesson with Shinzato kyodai! He is awesome.

So I want to keep doing my best to keep the faith, fire and Spirit! I feel Satan's temptations to not keep going strong but I will choose the Lord always! I'm so thankful for the Lord's help. I know that this is the Lord's work and it goes forward! Our zone is doing great too!

Scripture:
John 16:33 as referred from Elder Bonham!

Engrish: A maternity in car, I am a safety driver!!"

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! One can be homesick for Japan after 22 years. Leilani

    ReplyDelete