It was way hard to say good bye to Oki but it was made better because I get to go back to do companion exchanges with the Zone leaders and for Zone Taikai so its all good!
Tina’s baptism started a half hour ago at Toguchi beach! No I don’t get to be there but Ill get pix and hope to do an after baptism lesson with them!
The Honbu is way busy! My new companion is Elder Fujino!! He is so great. He is a convert with an awesome testimony and fire!
Our apartment is actually a ways down the street from the temple but we work under the temple! My duties are training, junkaiing, helping in any way etc...
That is so great that Park is doing so well in the MTC! That is too bad about the toe nail! Poor guy!
So this week has been CRAZY!!! and crazy fun! There was so much computer work to get all the missionaries transferred, new missionaries sent to their new areas, Zone Leaders coming for conferences, and reserving flights, and trains and buses and holy cow it was fun and stressful too.
Elder Fujino will go home at the end of this transfer so Ill have to do everything myself pretty much next time. Also President and Sister Iwaasa will also be going home at the end of this transfer too!!! SO SAD! Which is why I didn’t get to choose the earlier date - so that I can show the new mission president the mission. I'll be getting a driver’s license and driving too!! So there is a lot to be excited about and to be humbled about! I know that the Lord will help me fulfill this calling and it will be great. So keep praying for me.
The highlight of the week was being able go to the Temple!!!!! It has been over a year and it was so awesome! I love the Temple! Especially the Fukuoka temple! The Spirit was so strong!
We got Elder Ryler's letter early this week because his P-Day has changed from Monday to Saturday. We asked if he would still be proselyting as an AP and his answer was "some, on junkais and after our honbu work is done in the evenings."
Tina’s baptism started a half hour ago at Toguchi beach! No I don’t get to be there but Ill get pix and hope to do an after baptism lesson with them!
The Honbu is way busy! My new companion is Elder Fujino!! He is so great. He is a convert with an awesome testimony and fire!
Our apartment is actually a ways down the street from the temple but we work under the temple! My duties are training, junkaiing, helping in any way etc...
That is so great that Park is doing so well in the MTC! That is too bad about the toe nail! Poor guy!
So this week has been CRAZY!!! and crazy fun! There was so much computer work to get all the missionaries transferred, new missionaries sent to their new areas, Zone Leaders coming for conferences, and reserving flights, and trains and buses and holy cow it was fun and stressful too.
Elder Fujino will go home at the end of this transfer so Ill have to do everything myself pretty much next time. Also President and Sister Iwaasa will also be going home at the end of this transfer too!!! SO SAD! Which is why I didn’t get to choose the earlier date - so that I can show the new mission president the mission. I'll be getting a driver’s license and driving too!! So there is a lot to be excited about and to be humbled about! I know that the Lord will help me fulfill this calling and it will be great. So keep praying for me.
The highlight of the week was being able go to the Temple!!!!! It has been over a year and it was so awesome! I love the Temple! Especially the Fukuoka temple! The Spirit was so strong!
We got Elder Ryler's letter early this week because his P-Day has changed from Monday to Saturday. We asked if he would still be proselyting as an AP and his answer was "some, on junkais and after our honbu work is done in the evenings."
Elder Ryler with our good friends the Barneys
They were our sponsors when we moved to Oki in 2002!
Brother Deaver (far right) was Elder Ryler's
Young Men's Leader when we lived in Oki!
Vocabulary:
AP = Assistant to the President
Honbu = Mission Home
Junkai = Gospel teaching visit
Taikai = Large meeting



No comments:
Post a Comment